Friday, October 3, 2008

Wounds!


My wife called me today and told me that she had purchased plane tickets for Michael to come home on Thanksgiving and to fly to Chicago for Christmas. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. I really miss my son. I look forward with great anticipation to seeing the not so little guy again.


We are studying "Wild At Heart" by John Eldridge on Wednesday Nights. Last week we talked about the "wound" we received from our fathers. A harsh word at a vulnerable time. A lost temper. A time when you expected a "good job" or an "I love you" that never came.


And then I thought of how I have wounded my own children in the same way. Especially Michael. Once the words are said, they cannot be taken back. Once the temper is lost, we can't rewind and do things differently.


I pray that Michael will forgive me for the mistakes I have made as a father and that our heavenly father will repair and heal those wounds that I have caused.


God, don't let my imperfections stand in the way of Michael becoming the man of God you want him to be!


No comments: