Monday, June 16, 2008

Missing My Dad


On March 27, 1992 at 2:07pm my Dad died from tramatic injuries suffered from a farm accident. That has been a little over 16 years ago. I was 28 at the time. I still feel the pain of that day standing by his bedside and watching him die while I held his left hand. My Mom, my middle brother and I had made the descision to take him off of life support and let him go. There few things harder in this life than making that descision. I still miss him so much. He was a calm, gentle, wise man who had little to say with words, but volumes to say with character and example. Happy Fathers Day, Dad!

3 comments:

Pat Hankins said...

PC I do not know what is worse, loosing a father to an accident or just plain loosing a father because he has decided not to care anymore. I feel a small amount of your pain as well and especially during times like this we are reminded of our fathers. It is a shame that your father could not be here to enjoy the family that you have. But one day all will be together...

Pastor John said...

I can relate but on the mother side of things. It is hard to loose a parent, it changes your life. I think of the "great cloud of witnesses" that it talks about in Hebrews and imagine that they are still doing the parent thing in heaven where we can't hear them. It's my house now I don't have to clean it till I am ready. :)

sassy chic said...

I miss your dad too! He was an incredible man and what a loss it was to our entire family when he died.