Saturday, June 21, 2008

Soccer Referees


My youngest daughter passed her test to be certified as a grade 9 soccer referee. She will be the fifth soccer referee in the family. We have a recreational soccer league in the area that we have been involved in for many years. Since '96 I think. I'm in charge of the referees again this year, so I'm always grateful to have a larger pool of refs to pull from.


Most of my kids, including my youngest, have played since they were little so they are very familiar with how to play the game. Ref'ing the game is a different story. The only time a ref gets any attention is when he makes a questionable call. (I've made my share)


Refs, like anybody else, need practice to get better and more confident in what they see and how they call the game. I think ref'ing for the younger ones helps to develop self confidence and leadership skills - or maybe I just need more ref's to fill the schedule. Either way, I'm happy!

1 comment:

sassy chic said...

Hey plowboy it is time to update your blog! I know things are happening in your life write about them!