Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's My Money and I Want It Now!!!


You've probably heard the commercial with this post title. "It's My Money and I Want It Now!!!" Well, it probably is your money and you can probably have as long as you haven't previously agreed to some restrictions concerning that money in that investment.

But I don't want to talk about money. It's the attitude of entitlement that rubs me the wrong way. People think that society owes them everything, or at least most everything. The government didn't GIVE me enough or I know I should make more than that other guy I work with because I do twice the work.

Jesus told a story where a owner of a field hired several people to work in his field, but he hired them at different times during the day. Some worked all day. Some worked half a day and some worked only a short time. Each one agreed on his wage when he went to work...and was happy.

At the end of the day, the owner payed every worker the same amount of money regardless of how long they worked. Can you believe that. That's just not right. The guy that worked all day in the heat should get a lot more than the guy who worked maybe an hour. Right!...or maybe not right.

I'm dealing with this very attitude with people that says: I am entitled to this or that because...
I'm so tired of selfishness and "its all about me".

Lets give up for others - Lets sacrifice so that others may have. - Lets do without so that others can have.

This stuff is wearing me out!!!

1 comment:

Pat Hankins said...

I hear ya!! Entitlement goes a long way in our society. It is also a part of personal reponsibility that gets overlooked as well.
We agreed to work for a set amount, I do complain that sometimes the owner of the field does not appreciate his laborers like he should, but that is part of life.