Friday, May 23, 2008

Road Trip

My wife and I are getting ready to go see my youngest son at teen challenge in Minnesota. I can't hardly wait to see him. Its been two months since I've seen him.

To save a little cash (couldn't really take off work anyway) I decided to only get a hotel for two nights. We are leaving at 1:00am Sat. morning and drive straight through. I know I won't have any trouble staying awake on the way there. Now on the way home may be a different story.

We get to see him for 2 hours on Sat. from 12 - 2pm. Then on Sunday, we'll see him in whatever church they are singing at. And then on Monday, we get to spend the whole day with him from 10am to 6pm. Can't hardly wait!

I really hope its not as hard to leave him this time as it was last time. It nearly ripped my heart out last time. But I know its for the best.

We'll leave Monday evening to drive home. My wife has to be home in time for school on Tuesday at 1:00pm. I'll head home and sleep...sleep...sleep!

Pray for us that our time with Mike will encourage him and make him more successful in the program!

1 comment:

Pastor John said...

I read through the first two links that were posted here against Teen Challenge. It looks like they have found some misfortunate rare examples of abuse and joined that with their religious dislike to label the whole international program. It is sad that bad people can infiltrate everywhere but it is even more sad when others use that as a tool to tear down a good God thing.