Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dad's Day Out!




Well, my wife and my youngest daughter went out today for some mother / daughter time. That left me and my oldest son at home alone, so...It's not what your thinking!




David and I spent the day out...side. Yeah, thats right. We (I) mowed what part of the lawn needed it. We trimmed the bushes, pulled one out that I didn't like anymore. We sprayed for bag worms (they seem to like my evergreens). We burned the brush pile. We set the sprinkler out and watered the new grass in my backyard. I've worked pretty hard to get it to grow and I don't want it to burn up in the heat. We fixed the sprinkler and the leaky garden hose. (had to do that before we watered). We cleaned off the the front porch. We spayed for wasps and other critters around the back porch...and then we played catch with a softball for about 4 minutes and I was done.




I was soaking wet, tired, hot, so I went in and took a shower and got cleaned up. And then I remembered - I was supposed to go let the horse out in the pasture. So, David and I jumped in the truck and went and let the horse out.




Not a bad day out with my son - just really hot and tiring. But hard work is good, right!

No comments: