Monday, July 14, 2008

Jump!!!



Remember falling backwards on purpose hoping your friends would catch you. I hope they did! Anyway, you probably didn't do it unless you knew who was supposed to catch you.




Last night in church, Martha Tennyson said that you only trust the people you know, and to know them, you have to spend time with them. That's why we have so much trouble trusting God, sometimes. We may pray a lot but we never listen to get to know the other person (God).




I had my own little object lesson in trusting God last night. I went forward to play the keyboard for the alter time and Sis. Tennyson ask me to play a song I had never played. I knew the old hymn, but I had to trust God to give me the music. He was faithful to do it.




Like falling backwards in my friends arms, it was difficult the first time, but it will get easier as He gains my trust in Him.

4 comments:

Pat Hankins said...

You have so much talent, I truely believe it is just the tip of the iceburg...
Oh and I bragged on you to your Mom yesterday too... she is proud of you. Oh and I bought her lunch too... I am sure she was surprised!!

Plow Boy said...

I bet you went to Simple Simons. Thanks for encouraging Mom!

Pastor John said...

Time to post again I have re4ad this one multiple times. :)

Pastor John said...

Time to post again I have read this one multiple times. :)