Thursday, July 24, 2008

Overtime!

My middle son just called me and told me he was going to be late tonight getting off work. He is helping the masons lay brick on the houses he is helping to build this summer. The masons need to be done today and so he called me and told me they were going to stay untill the brick was done.

He sounded so excited and full of energy, like he just discovered the mother load. He'll get payed time and a half for a few more hours today.

I remember working six tens in Dallas and I don't remember being so excited about the overtime I work. I just remember being really tired.

5 comments:

Pastor John said...

Amen to that. I remember a short time doing seven twelves and man was I tired. Plus uncle same was getting rich off me.

Pastor John said...

That was so good. See how easy it is to post. :)

sassy chic said...

Well working one day of overtime vs. working overtime every week would make a difference I think. But it is good that he is showing a good work ethic...now if only he would fill the dishwasher!

Pat Hankins said...

Pay him time and a half to fill the dishwasher and he will!!!

The problem with overtime is you make more money but you have no time to spend it!!!

And he has showed some more maturity this summer so I think it is definately good for him.

sassy chic said...

Hmmm, no I am not paying that boy to put his dishes in the dishwasher (shaking my head) men!